Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Ante - She's Been Upped!

Company is coming to town! Lovey's parents (and more) will be here at the end of the month to attend his retirement ceremony. Lovey is in the Armed Forces and is lucky enough to retire at 39!

So my mother-in-law likes to stay in the Green Room. It's still my favorite room in the house. I painted it Eccentric Lime by Benjamin Moore a few years ago. It had become a bit of a clutter magnet. There was no time like yesterday to tackle it and make it into a proper guest room (and pseudo-office for me).

I didn't get a "before". Here is an "in-progress":

Yipes!

and even more yipes!

But I am proud to say that I gutted this room like a fish! Eww, that was gross.

"After" pics are coming. I only have to have Lovey help me put the fresh, clean bedskirt on and I'm done!

A tip learned: if you have a featherbed, be sure to fluff it BEFORE you vacuum. Otherwise, it will look like a chicken exploded in your room and you'll have to vacuum again anyway.

Goals for the week:
*stay on diet track
*make bed every morning (eesh!)
*clean stovetop thoroughly each night after cooking

Baby steps, people, baby steps...

1 comment:

  1. good for you! I'm taking little baby steps too. :)

    ReplyDelete